Serving - Getting Started
STEP 1Video Commercial - The insertion process begins with your video commercial. Online video commercials vary in length from five to 120 seconds. You can create a new video commercial(s) for your online serving campaign, or repurpose an existing TV spot for use online. Upload your commercial in almost any video format to the SpotXchange marketplace. We automatically transcode your original ad into multiple formats (Windows Media, Flash) and multiple data rates (low, medium, and high).
Banners - load your own rich media banners or use banners dynamically generated by SpotXchange. We support all IAB Standard Banner Sizes.
STEP 2insertion step 2. Once your commercials and banners are loaded, you can shop for impression opportunities in the SpotXchange Marketplace. The marketplace displays real-time ad slot inventory available across our network of publisher Web sites. SpotXchange auctions off these ad impression opportunities in real-time, just as search engines auction off individual key words each time a search query is placed.
STEP 3serving step 3. Once you add a balance to your account, your insertion campaign can be activated. SpotXchange accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. For payment by PayPal, wire, check or to qualify for payment terms, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 4insertion step 4. SpotXchange provides all the ad delivery, tracking and reporting features you need to maximize your serving campaign's return. You can review your campaign's performance in real-time and adjust creative, change bids, or modify targets on-demand. Best of all, no long term commitments or large impression buys are required on SpotXchange.
Serving & Insertion Explained for Advertisers - How It Works
SpotXchange advertisers can launch their insertion campaigns within minutes of signing up. The system's administration and reporting tools are familiar to anyone experienced with PPC search engine marketing. As an advertiser, you specify in advance where, when and to whom you want to show your online video commercial based on contextual, geographic or demographic targets. Then you specify how much you are willing to pay for that impression. That value is your bid. Each time a SpotXchange publisher queries our platform for an ad your serving bid amount is compared to all other bid amounts for the same publisher target. Higher bids are given priority placement over lower bids.
Insertion - Key Features
- Auction-based pricing at the impression-level establishes the true market value of every impression, ensuring you never pay more than a targeted impression is worth to you
- insertion targeting criteria includes content category/context, geography (to the DMA or zip code level), channel, sub-channel, demographics, daypart and retargeting
- Self-service, browser-based tools allow you to manage your serving campaign in real-time, any time, from any PC--launch, optimize, end and edit your campaigns on your terms
- Load once, stream everywhere. SpotXchange transcodes your commercial into the type of streaming format different Web properties demand, supporting all user operating systems, media players and broadband connection speeds
- No long-term commitments, no minimum buys. Pay as you go, just like the best PPC search engine marketing platforms
- Supports all IAB standard synchronized banners/ad units
- Leverages Limelight Networks' best-in-class content delivery network for a reliable, seamless insertion user experience
- All serving publisher properties are reviewed by a quality assurance team to verify that their site's profile in the SpotXchange system conforms to their actual site content, minimizing the possibility that your ads could be served alongside inappropriate content
Serving - Agencies
- Utilize a dedicated client services team to manage your video ad campaigns free of charge
- Access a large, aggregated network of high quality ad inventory without wasting time and resources
- Manage and optimize all your campaigns from a single interface, all in real-time
- Test creative before committing to longer term contracts on other online networks or TV
Insertion - Local Businesses
- insertion can easily deliver your message to any city, town or zip code
- A competitive bidding marketplace gives small businesses the same opportunities to buy ad slots as national advertisers
- Video ad Serving is great for any retail or service-related small business that wants to reach a highly targeted geography at minimal cost
Serving - Politicians
- Customize and deliver your insertion message to your local constituency
- Use the serving process to pair with your other online initiatives to raise money or gather e-mail addresses to increase your connectedness to your supporters
Insertion - National Brands
- Advertising through SpotXchange marries the drama and emotion of TV advertising with the targeting, interactivity and accountability of Internet marketing
- Efficiently place your brand among your segmented demographic, region or site in the SpotXchange insertion network
- Test ad response and effectiveness before committing to large impression buys elsewhere
Serving - Events/Entertainment
- Target any geographic region at any time to promote a time-sensitive event in that region (hockey game on OLN at 8 p.m. EST)
Insertion - Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
- Reach your desired demographic and region with a targeted message (Amber Alerts, weather alerts, etc.)